Friday 9 December 2011

Quote 11 - Tim Brown

"There are useful starting points and landmarks, but the road to innovation consists of overlapping spaces or paths, rather than a sequence of steps in one direction." Tim Brown


Tim Brown is the CEO of the innovation and design firm, IDEO

Again, this quote took some digesting, but I completely agree with this quote. People tend to think (well, people I've spoken to) that designing something is quite a straight forward process, but this not the reality at all. I had this trouble with our last brief for the module ARD 502 The Message; thinking that it would be quite a straightforward process, and then underestimating it, and having to back track on the process, to get the final piece stage. I believe that this quote is one of the most important quotes out of the selection that was given to us, and I will keep this in mind for all my future projects.


(P.S. This is the last of the quotes, so back to normal lecture notes/thoughts from now on)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment