Monday 5 December 2011

Quote 8 - Darrell Bishop

"I think skills are currently really underappreciated in design. Skills are too often thought of as a way of implementing design, whereas I have found the learning of skills to be one of the most important ways of actually changing my way of thinking about things." Darrell Bishop

I agree with part of this quote. I don't necessarily think that skills are underappreciated in design, as we, at university, are being taught to learn as many skills as we can at the moment, and that way, we have them for future work, and can say that we have tried something, and say if we don't like using something. I agree with the second part of the quote, because the more skills you learn, the more you know, and so you can ask yourself more questions, which will change the way you think about things. Personally, I have learnt only a few skills, compared to what I will someday, at uni, and already I am starting to change the way I think about things when given a new brief etc.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment